Andrew is to blame...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White! I'm European!
4. Do you hang mistletoe on house? Nope. See number 3.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Depends... Things with lights in them (tasteful, European), go up in the beginning of December, more stuff comes later.
6. What is your favorite holiday meal (excluding dessert)? Not that big on Christmas food, actually. Mom's meatballs are good.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? When I was a kid, dad used to play this record with this amazing Austrian boy's choir to wake us up on Christmas morning. I think that is the reason that all Christmas music sounds corny in my ears.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was never lied to.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, all of them, that's the Finnish tradition. Christmas day you go to Church and visit relatives.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Tastfully. Se number 3.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it in reasonable amounts.
12. Can you ice skate? If someone puts a gun to my head.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Since my dad died Chrismas is sort of spoiled for me, but I always look forward to going to Church on Christmas morning to sing the wonderful hymn "Dagen är kommen" Quick translation: "The day has arrived: Love triumphs!" I seldom feel so thoroughly Christian.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Rice a' la Malta
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Church
17. What tops your tree? A star
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? See 14
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yummy? ????
21. Favorite Christmas Movie? Oh dear... I don't think I have one.
22. What would you most like to find under your tree this year? The ability to speak Arabic.
23. Favorite Holiday memory as an adult? No, apart from the Church bit Christmas is not my favourite time of the year.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Andrew is to blame...
Posted by Patrik at 9:07 AM